Basic Recommendations On How To Write An Essay In Literature
During high school you need to focus on improving your writing skills and your imagination. The easiest way to this is to write essays and other types of compositions. It will take some time until you will be able to handle every part of the composition so you have to practice constantly. Here are some basic guidelines to help you write your first text:
- Choose an unusual topic. This will make you stand out among your classmates and it will motivate them to read your composition. You can find new and interesting ideas on the internet and adapt them to fit the requirements of your professor.
- Start with a short but interesting introduction. In the first lines of your text you have to present your topic and offer a valid reason why people should read it. Provide some general details about the subject but without writing too much. You want to make your colleagues curious, not bored. Also, reveal some of the information that you have discovered during your research.
- In the body of the composition you have to analyze the main ideas of the subject, bring evidence, present facts and bring citations and quotes that are relevant to the topic. Basically, you can write anything you want as long you do not step away from the main subject. If the body of the composition is too long you can divide it into several chapters and make sure that the information is well structured in this way.
- The conclusion needs to be short and concise and it needs to be completely relevant to what you have just written. It is not recommended to introduce new information or evidence at the end of the composition because it can be confusing the reader. If you want you can write your personal opinion right before the conclusion but make sure it is not longer than one paragraph.
- The appendix, the title page or the references page are not necessary, but you can use them when you have to work with a complex subject. They will allow you to provide more information to your reader without going over the word count for your primary essay. Also, the appendix can help you explain some complicated terms or provide definitions that will help your reader understand perfectly what you want to express through your composition.