Understanding The Essay Format: A Brief Tutorial
An essay is the composition that conveys ideas, beliefs and facts existing in a society in well framed way. In such compositions, first the topic is introduced, then elaborated with evidences and a conclusion is drawn at the end. Before you start writing, planning and structuring are important. This step not only generates ideas but answers most unanswered questions based on topic. Essays are not just writing too much but answering the question is important.
Check out the format through the detailed guide-
- First of all think what has been asked and then start writing.
- Think for the key issues, controversies and debates carried from time to time.
- For an open ended question topic, you need to narrow down by explaining ‘how’ and ‘why’ in the introduction. For a closed ended question topic, you need to stay in limits in respect to dates, texts and countries.
- Identify all the crucial terms and understand what the topic asks you to do like- compare and contrast, discuss or analysis.
- Read the question again and again and break it into sub questions. Organize your plans.
- Generate the ideas. Write things that you already know and then look for other sources of information by referring additional books and jot down interesting points.
- Planning is essential and you need to frame the structure. Divide the composition into three parts -
- Remember, introduction should be influential. Body paragraph will be the lengthiest one and the conclusion part is the shortest one and highlights the essence of the paragraph.
- Planning keeps your composition effective and ends up with a coherent argument. Brainstorm all the ideas and arrange them in groups and prepare an outline.
- If you are crossing the word limit, either cut the points or try using conjunctions where you can write too much by linking two ideas.
- Never forget to revise and proofread. Make corrections if required for grammatical and spelling mistakes. Ask some of your friend who is intelligent enough to catch your mistakes and guide you with the right ones.
- Finally, submit.
First introduce the topic and address the questions.
Secondly, elaborate the topic in different paragraphs and build arguments. Each paragraph should introduce a new point and offer supporting evidences. Write the most important points first and then the least important ones. You can explain by citing examples too. Keep word count in mind and plan accordingly.
Last is the conclusion where you will summarize answering the original question.
Looking for help with your essay? Get professional essay writing help online - Bestessayhelp.com - expert essay writers from US and UK.